Welcome to Cymbals Magazine, Princeton Day School’s student-run literary, visual, and performing arts publication! Cymbals serves to promote student work in the arts and humanities year-round. To submit to the Magazine, please refer to these guidelines:
- Cymbals welcomes student work from all grade levels, in the following categories: writing (non-fiction and fiction); artwork (sculpture, drawing, painting, and architecture); videography; and the performing arts (music, dance, and theater).
- Music may be submitted as either a recording or video.
- There are no word or time limits. Woohoo!
- You do not need to be a member of Cymbals staff to submit to the Magazine.
- Work can be created inside or outside of school, and does not need to be for either a Princeton Day School arts or humanities class. You do not need to be enrolled in either of these to submit.
- Work submitted can be created at any point since your freshman year, and does not need to be created during the month of submission.
- You may submit an unlimited amount of work to any category.
- Please use our Submittable app to send in your work.
The Magazine will release an issue each month online, highlighting: tone, craftsmanship, voice, and creativity. Our spring print magazine will feature the best of our web content.
January/February 2014 Deadline: February 14th, 2014
If you have any more questions about submitting to Cymbals, please use our contact form. We look forward to seeing your work!
All the best,
Cymbals Magazine staff